OK BUT SEE, I DIDN’T KNOW.
I didn’t KNOW. Chris Evans swears like a sailor. Chris Evans has an adorable Bostonish accent. Chris Evans wants you to know that he can tap dance. Chris Evans thinks that Captain America is the least ass-kicking of all of the Avengers. Chris Evans loves to tell the story where he made an idiot of himself in front of Ben Affleck. Chris Evans is REALLY EXCITED TO DO THIS INTERVIEW. Chris Evans REALLY wants to talk to you and tell you what’s on his mind.
Chris Evans is STUPIDLY CHARMING. And no seriously, he swears LIKE A SAILOR. People who swear with alacrity are my fucking kryptonite.
I just DID. NOT. KNOW. I have literally never seen him outside of movies and photos before.
do you think coming of age movie is like, still haunting him?
fuck, man, it’s haunting ME.
….. c a n n o t
“I didn’t grow up reading comic books. I didn’t have too much interest in them. It’s been kinda coincidental that I’ve made so many comic book films.” -Chris Evans
I love that moment where Howard is like… THIS WOMAN IS LEGIT CRAZY OVER HERE.
I THINK YOU MEAN CRAZY AWESOME.
Unexpected gem! I am never lying when I tell people I didn’t expect much from Captain America, despite my love of superhero movies.
Agent Peggy Carter, and the way she is handled, is part of why the movie is so great. She can be a total badass, be exceptional at her job, be jealous, lustful, sad, and be the love interest. But you can count on being a love interest coming at the end of that list.
(Capt. America: My life is hard!
Peggy: Have you noticed that I’m a woman? In the military? During WWII? Now stop having a pity party and get shit done.)
1. This movie accomplished everything I wanted from an Avengers movie.
a. Namely, Loki defenestrates Stark.
2. You can tell this is a Joss Whedon film. The whole theater cracked up during the biggest beatdown.
a. You can tell this is a Joss Whedon film. How did I not suspect one of his biggest signatures?
3. Captain America continues to bring stars to my eyes.
a. I re-watched Captain America: The First Avenger last night in anticipation. Chris Evans just disappears into this role. It’s amazing.
b. His glee at understanding a pop culture reference is heart-melting.
4. Scarlett Johansson nails it as Black Widow. She gets some of the best moments of the film and earns every single one of them.
a. You’re allowed to say quim in a PG-13 movie?
5. More Maria Hill, please.
a. Did you see her shoot that guy? Get it girl.
6. Loki just lounging around watching people fight: priceless.
a. World’s most adorable bag-of-cats crazy supervillain with great taste in fashion aside from his helmet. There are no other contenders.
7. Way to go, random German dude.
8. Tony Stark continues to be ridiculously entertaining.
a. But now he is entertaining with science buddy Bruce Banner! I could watch an entire movie of them being geeky lab partners.
9. How can you not like Gwyneth’s Pepper Potts?
a. She is the 12%.
10. Hawkeye … didn’t leave much of an impression.
11. Nick Fury thinks your plan is stupid.
a. He is right. And somewhat wrong.
12. The few times I was aware of my face, I was grinning.
13. Jane gets secreted away for protection, and thus no Natalie Portman appearance.
a. The fight made the news and all, so I hope she’s miffed at him in Thor 2 for not giving her a call.
14. Please to continue this trend of superhero movies employing the female gaze.
a. It’s not the male gaze that’s the problem. It’s that it’s the only gaze represented.